This recipe is a great treat when you’re craving something sweet, want to avoid artificial ingredients, and want something that will actually help you feel and function better! Lots of great ingredients!
It’s also a fantastic kid-approved treat that still allows you to sneak in healthy nutritional benefits too:)
We adapted the original recipe from the cookbook, Made With Love.
5 cups brown rice puffs
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 scoops Designs for Health – PurePaleo Hydrolyzed Beef chocolate protein powder (you can find it on our online shop or at our Phenom Burlington clinic)
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 TBSP chia seeds
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 3/4 cups sunflower butter (you can also use Sunbutter or mix half and half; Sunbutter is sweetened)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 TBSP vanilla extract
– Line a 13×9″ baking dish with parchment paper.
– In a large bowl, mix together rice puffs, shredded coconut, paleo beef protein powder, chia seeds, 1/4 cup chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, and sea salt.
– In a medium saucepan, mix together sunflower butter, sunbutter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
– Heat over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, stirring often until smooth. Then let mixture cool.
– Once cool, add wet ingredients to dry, until thoroughly combined.
– Press mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips (you may also sprinkle with sunflower seeds as an alternative).
– Cut into divided squares but leave in dish.
– Refrigerate overnight and enjoy!
Let us know what you think of it!:)