(Hockey players – this is a great pre-game meal to try!)
The spices are warming, reduce inflammation in the body, boost immune function and taste delicious! This dish is packed with nutrients, and is balanced with protein, good carbs, and fats.
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon raisins, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon flaked coconut, or to taste
- Put the chicken in a pan with 1/2 tbsp coconut oil and cook on “medium” to brown it.
- Place chicken, onion, garlic, coconut milk, chicken broth, curry powder, salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” for 4 hours. Add red bell pepper and continue to cook for 45 minutes. Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened, about 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with raisins and coconut flakes to serve.
- Pair it with rice or rice noodles.